Training Session : Technology & Entrepreneurship Training for Women in Nigeria
Information & Communication Technology Department
Planning, Research & Statisitics Department
gird child development.jpg
Girl Child Advocacy & Development
Enabling Technology. Computer Training for the Blind
The National Centre for Women Development (NCWD) is an agency of Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. It is a non-political not-for-profit organization established by Decree No. 11 Section 1(5) of 1995, and run by a Governing Council made up of eminent and distinguished Nigerians.
National Centre for Women Development, Abuja is charged with the mandate for Gender Training and Capacity Building, Research, and Documentation in addition to addressing the concerns of Nigerian Women. As such, it is expected to network internationally and complement other players within the sustainable development
1. Promotes research into the activities and achievements of women;
2. Serves as a Databank on Women And Development (WAD) in Nigeria;
3. Facilitates the formulation of policies affecting women in all sectors and primarily in areas such as employment, health, agriculture and finance;
4. Provides training in skills development, and acquisition, income generation activities and serve as a training ground for managers and leaders;
5. Provides a forum for guidance, counseling and mobilization of women in both urban and rural areas; and;
6. Liaises with National, Regional and International agencies involved in women development programmes.